Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Sample Review: L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream - First Impression & Swatches


You know how sometimes there are foundation samples in magazines? Or how sometimes you can get a sachet sample sent to you in the post? Well, I do. And before I knew it, I had quite a few sachet samples. And you know how they say out of sight, out of mind? Well, instead of trying out the samples, I just tossed them in a bag, building my collection up. So, I decided to put them on my table, in sight, and do reviews on them. They can only be first impressions as I will only be able to use it once, maybe twice, hardly enough times to give a in depth thorough review.
So my first sample review is on L'oreal's Nude Magique BB Cream which retails for £9.99 in the UK. The shade that I have is medium. What was very odd when I first opened this was that the actual product was an off white colour with faint tan colour balls in it. You can see a picture below of what it looked like.

However, when you rub it in, the colour begins to change, and becomes a more medium foundation kind of colour. The consistency is very liquidy and is lightweight on the skin. I would say that the coverage is light and will even out your skin tone, but not much else. The finish is natural, not matte, but not exactly dewy either. I have extremely dry patches on my face and fared well, slight clinging to the dryer areas, but I have that problem with pretty much every foundation, some worse than others. It lasted for an ok amount of time, but it did wear off pretty patchy on the half side of my face that I did not set with powder. The side that I did set with powder lasted around the same length of time, but did not wear off as uneven.

You can see in the picture to the left what the coverage is like - I applied the product to the arm with my fingers and worked it in. I only saw two shade options on the Boots website, which means that not everyone will be able to use this. The shade medium was slightly too dark and orange for me.

Would I buy this product? Even though I did not dislike this product, this was nothing special either. This would be good for those who have pretty good skin anyway and just needs something to even out the skintone. It is also good for people with dry skin - I have an extremely oily T-Zone and I did not look completely greasy so I think it may even work for those with combination skin. It is very quick and effortless to blend in, you don't have to work the product in so it's pretty effortless in application.

My first impressions verdict is:
❤❤❤♡♡ (3 out of 5 hearts) ^^ Not right for me, but can work for you~

Hope you found the review and pictures useful.. And until next time..

- Diem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment